Our Parish Giving Scheme means you can now support the parish church regularly by direct debit. It eliminates paperwork for our treasurer, costs us nothing in fees, and makes it easy for you to manage your giving – good all round!
Caldecote Church was one of the first churches to sign up for the scheme in our diocese (we’re small, but we like to set trends!). It’s much simpler for our volunteer treasurer and Parish Giving Officer to manage than standing orders or the envelope scheme, and it’s cheaper too – it’s completely free of any charges.
Here’s an overview of the main features:
- choose to donate monthly, quarterly or annually
- give anonymously if you wish
- easily change the amount you give
- request your gift to be index-linked so that it stays in step with inflation
- Gift Aid your giving (if eligible)
How it will benefit Caldecote Church:
- less admin for our treasurer, who gives many hours on a voluntary basis
- a reduction in the amount of cash needing to be handled and transported
- index-linked donations keep up with the inflation of outgoings
- Gift Aid is reclaimed on our behalf (less admin)
- Gift Aid is deposited into our account within days, not months (better cashflow)
If you already give by standing order or in the collection plate:
If you currently give by standing order, simply cancel your standing order and set up the direct debit to start the following month. You can choose exactly when the first payment should be taken.
If you currently give in the collection plate (either loose in the plate or using the Gift Aid envelope scheme), once you’ve set up the direct debit, instead putting money into the plate, put one of the Parish Giving Scheme tokens that you’ll now find on the table next to the hymn books – just pick one up on your way in. It’s a simple way to dedicate your gift to God each Sunday.
What happens to your regular gift
Your gift – and Gift Aid (if applicable) – is ready to be put to good use within days of it leaving your account:
Send an email to me, Dona McCullagh at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me using the form below. Include your name and mailing address, and simply ask me to send you a Parish Giving Scheme form.
More finance-related posts