What money did we raise over the past year at Caldecote Church? Read this report on Giving and Fundraising from our Parish Giving Officer.
Report from the Parish Giving Officer
Fundraising over the past year has included:
- Caldecote Open Gardens 2017 involved more gardens and more visitors than ever and raised £2,300.
- Childerley May Bank Holiday open garden was equally successful and raised an incredible £1250.
- Old Rectory Open Garden: This year, the family at the Old Rectory have initiated a new event, opening their garden on Easter Monday, which despite poor weather raised a brilliant £478. The garden will be opened again on the first Bank Holiday in May.
- Every Penny Counts: The penny collection started some years ago has, through the dedication of Sheila Stephenson, now passed the £2,500 mark.
Aside from Sunday collections and Standing Order donations, we also receive donations through:
- Online Giving – our online giving facility through BT MyDonate continues to attract occasional donations in response to specific appeals, and has raised about £540 to date. A few pence is deducted from each donation by the credit card company, but other than that the service is completely free, and in addition collects Gift Aid on our behalf. A recent donation of £40, for example, had a card fee of 52p and Gift Aid of £10, meaning that we received £49.48 in our bank account.
- The Parish Giving Scheme – a new direct debit scheme was launched in the summer by Ely Diocese, and Caldecote Church was one of the first churches to join the scheme. It is being slowly rolled out as we encourage people to switch from giving in the collection bag or by standing order to giving by direct debit. This scheme is not currently available online but I have enquired about the possibility, and they are working on this, with a view to launching it later this year.